7.4.10

{The Craft Room}

Hello and Happy Wednesday to you:)
Glad you all liked my table scape from the other day's post!
Now....
guess what?!?!?
I finished organizing and re-doing my craft room!!!! Yeah! I am very happy with how it turned out. I only hope I can keep it so organized. Remember how
it looked before?!?!?!
I already had almost everything I used.....It's amazing what a little can of spray paint can do:)
Oh and a change in the wall color....lighter, brighter and more airy feeling!!!!

I put the desk in the center of the room....so that opened up the space for a lot more storage options!

I still want my husband to get me a stainless steel top for my desk....but I am sure i'll have to wait awhile for that:)

I purchased a black open-back frame from Hobby Lobby and painted it aqua and fitted it with a painted peg board!!! Simple:)

I still need it hung on the wall....but you get the point!

I had old black frames laying around....painted them aqua and put some photos I took at the beach in them:)
Had the shelves....they were dark brown....painted them and scuffed them up!!!

and the striped magnet board...I made! Take artist canvas, paint stripes on it and slip and piece of galvanized steel in the back! Waaala .... you have yourself a beachy little magnetic board:)


See the glass candle holders on the top shelf?!?! I painted a stripe of chalkboard paint on those too!! They say....Live you life:) They make me happy!

I also painted those wooden shapes....like I did for the fireplace re-do.....and put them on my baskets!

I still have to hang up the frames I bought on this wall.....
Maybe this weekend:)
and you already know about the vintage frames I collect!!! I love them!!!!
I took my old file cabinet and painted with .......you got it......chalkboard paint:)
I love it!!! I am terrible at organizing...so maybe all the happy thoughts on the file cabinet will inspire me to be more organized:)
So there you have it!!!!
I still want to sew some curtains for the closet....I didn't show you that...but trust me....it's organized:)
Other than that.....I think it turned out GREAT!!! It truly makes me happy to be in there now!

What do you think!?!?!

"Life is like a blanket too short. You pull it up and your toes rebel, you yank it down and shivers meander about your shoulder; but cheerful folks manage to draw their knees up and pass a very comfortable night." ~Marion Howard

8 comments:

  1. Seriously fabulous. Feel free to drop in to organize, paint, and spruce up accessories here. If you haven't noticed I really like the colors you select and ideas.

    The striped artist's canvas/magnetic board is great. All your other frames have me wondering how it would look in a frame. Either way a fab idea for your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome!!! I love how you use alot of things that you already have - I need to learn to do that!
    I LOVE the beachy & light hearted feel of that room. I would love to work in there too : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just awesome, all the details are wonderful..., you must be so inspired to create now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing! You did a really good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you've done! The canvas/magnet board idea is wonderful. I definitely have canvasses laying around! Did you paint the file cabinet with chalkboard paint? Great look... You have inspired me to make some changes in my studio/office!
    Jane (artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job! The striped magnetic board was genius. I also like the chalkboard cabinet.
    Thx for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just completely inspired me; I need to get off my duff and start painting my craft room; you should see it now-it's terrible! I absolutely love everything about this room; what a happy environment to work in!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jealous. Living on the coast of NC, I love the beach and beach themed home living. Great blog. I'm looking forward to trying out a few of your crafts.

    ReplyDelete

Hello.
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate your thoughts:):)