2.12.09

{rush...rush..rush}

Do you ever feel like all you do is rush...rush...rush

I especially feel this way during the holiday season and usually I end up with a real mess in my stomach. That's right were my stress goes...my stomach, oh, and my shoulders.

Anywho...this time of the year really does it for me. Why does it have to be such a short season. I mean really how MUCH can one cram into 3-4 weeks?!?!
I have really been thinking about this and have decided to be more "present" & "aware" in my life.....you know...really appreciate what each day has to offer. Even when I am CRAMMING way too much into a day.

I know, for me, I am a way over-doer kind of person. I often put way too much stress on myself...

Sometimes I just want to SLOWWWWW down and BREATHE...
Not feel bad that I didn't go to the gym and burn X amount of calories, or make those pillows I had in mind or walk the dogs or on and on....

This really is the time of the year to be gentle with yourself and allow things to just be....

I NEED to learn to be OK with this. I think we could ALL learn to be more gentle with ourselves.

So here's my PLAN to just relax and enjoy each day:)

Have dinner at least 3x a week at the dining room table listening to Pandora and enjoying some vino.I know I always feel relaxed when I enjoy a nice meal in there.....versus....watching tv while eating:)

Do MORE yoga....starting with this little 20 minute routine in the am before work:)
Be ok...that when friends come over...things MAY not be perfectly clean...they like me and not my house, right?!?!?

Allow myself to miss the gym here and there and NOT feel bad about it! I never let become a habit..so I think I am ok to miss once in awhile!

Keep a journal and write down one thing I am proud of and one thing I am thankful for, each day.

Ok...I think that's a pretty good start!! Hopefully...I can relax, breath and just enjoy the season! Life is SHORT and we only get one shot at it....so I think it's important to at least TRY and enjoy what each day has to offer!! Even during the busiest season of the year:)
How do you slow down when life starts getting crazy?!?!?
"If you don't think everyday is a great day try going without one." Jim Evans

9 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a great plan : ) I am in a very similar place in my life right now - perfect timing, GREAT post!

    I absolutely LOVE that journal - it is too cute! I must admit that I have a little dining room envy - you are very creative : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the reasons I love your blog is because you help remind me to take a breather once in a while. Those are great goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great goals for trying to live a more simple and relaxed life. It is so easy to get caught up in the little things, without taking time to enjoy yourself. I like the dinner with pandora and wine idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I somehow figured it out too. Slow down and enjoy the day. Each and everyday.

    And what's the point of rushing around and overplanning and trying to have some perfect day? Who really enjoys the holidays when we do things like that. So I have a few things I really like to do and rest is just icing on the cake if it gets done. If not - no worries.

    And of course a little wine along the way doesn't hurt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your plan... and I'm the same... I try to do too much, too often. This season is already passing by, and I'm determined to enjoy all the small moments as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way your mind thinks. I have been rushing every morning since last week and it's taken its toll starting the day that way. I have to slow down, maybe wake up a bit earlier and just BREATHE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so right. I am glad you wrote about this.

    it reminds me of that expression, we are human beings, not human doings. sometimes we need to just be.

    I love pandora! Pandora and wine is even better!

    for unwinding, the ocean, yoga, and bubble bath are always good!

    ReplyDelete

Hello.
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate your thoughts:):)