18.9.09

{what to do}

I have been going back and forth in my mind for some time now about simpledaisy and thought I would share to see what you think?!?!
I started making jewelry and found that I absolutely love it. However, I am NOT so good at selling it! Turns out I am super shy when it comes to self promotion. I couldn't tell you the number of positive comments I receive about my jewelry whenever I am wearing it...but I just can't ever bring myself to say....hey, I made it...would you like me to make something for you?!?!
I began to do really well selling at home parties, etc. but found it was just so challenging to balance working, working out, selling and making jewelry with everything else one has to do in life. But I also found that I just couldn't be assertive enough to really schedule parties with people and so I have just really let everything go to the wayside. I haven't updated my etsy shop and haven't even taken my basket anywhere for a long while.

And I realizeD it would be challenging to make a full time living at making jewelry....although I am sure it could be done!

It really started as a hobby and maybe in some respects a pipe dream. I long to live the creative life day in and day out! I love it....that's all I dream about and spend my time doing in one way or another. I love being creative with cooking, gardening, crafts, interior design, and so many other things!

I have found that actually blogging is yet another way to fulfill my creative urges! I am always trying to learn something new...I even created my own blog button and the html code to go along with it. But I still feel very unfulfilled in the creative department!

I enjoy my job as a Special Education teacher but sometimes I just feel so like I am meant to be doing something else and yet, I can't ever figure out what that something else is. Do you ever feel like that?

My brain is always buzzing with ideas for this and that. It's how I feel most alive, besides when I am riding or running. I am always thinking of a million ideas for everything and I think I have at least 5 business plans for ideas I have had. Oh and I own a domain name for yet another idea I had. but why can't I really act on one of these?
Thanks for letting me share....
I'd love to hear how you go about fulfilling your dreams:)
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that frightens us. We ask ourselves 'who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? .....
Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. .......
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Marianne Williamson

4 comments:

  1. Not only do I LOVE the jewelry, but that aqua color is my favorite! Put them on etsy please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about living your dream! I am previously living my dream but I am always dreaming up other things to do:) I am a health counselor working with women to reach their goals. I love it! (But running your own business is a whole other thing.) My mom makes jewlery too, and loves it. Keep those creative juices flowing. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about feeling stuck. I think that sometimes when inspired the ideas come TOO fast, making it hard to know where to focus. Maybe the trick is to prioritize the ideas? Maybe that would help me too.

    Your pieces are lovely... absolutely stunning shades you've chosen, & the workmanship, so pretty; dramatic enough to be eye catching but not overly done. Perfect.

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was searching the blogs for craft room inspirations. Saw your blog and just kept reading. I love how creative you are! Try selling your jewelry on Etsy. That way people come to you! I, too, am getting the confidence up to sell my crafts to the world. Read the Ish book by Peter Reynolds. Even though it's a kid's book, it's very inspiring.

    Cheers!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Hello.
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate your thoughts:):)