25.9.09

{Fresh Friday}

T.G.I.F.

flickr
Autumn has officially arrived and so it's time to turn my taste buds on to pumpkin, apples, figs and all foods cozy! Usually my friend and I hang out on what we call Tropical Tuesday's but since the class for the Master Gardener Program is on Tuesday's we've had to switch to Wishful Wednesday's~
This time she brought some fabulous Vegetarian Three Bean Soup and I made the rest!
We had this super yummy Autumn inspired salad with Apple Vinaigrette

Organic Greens
Sliced Apples {you choose the type}
Dried Figs sliced up
Honey Crusted Pumpkin Seeds
Apple Vinaigrette
Apple Vinaigrette
100% Organic Apple Juice
Olive Oil
Dijon Mustard
Balsamic Vinegar
Honey
Add however much you want depending on your tastes and whisk together!! YUM:)
I also made a delicious vegan spread for our bread with tofu and pumpkin. I topped it with more honey crusted pumpkin seeds and fresh sage~
Sounds a little scary but it's not:)
Recently I decided to cut out all meat items....I guess you could say I am a vegan now. But I haven't fully made my mind up about fish!

I have TERRIBLE IBS and have been to the doctor a million times for this and finally ended up at the gastro-enterologist where he wanted to prescribe me some medicine to relax my stomach and also an anti-depressant! Well I declined!!

And GOOD THING!! I haven't had one stomach issue {aside from the normal girl issues) since giving up dairy!!!!!! So I could probably safely say my body cannot process dairy!

So now I am finding a million new things to try and love!
Tofu is my new best friend:)

While I am not a doctor or anything of the sort.....I urge you to think about the things you put into your body and how those foods or food products make you feel before resorting to medications! Just My Opinion:~)~Pumpkin Tofu Spread~
1/2 cup 100% organic canned pumpkin
1/2 cup firm tofu
honey
Fresh Sage
Cinnamon
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Sea salt & Pepper
Of course no meal of mine would be complete without a little vino and dark chocolate!
Of course now I have to search out dark chocolate without dairy!



"Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember-the only taste of success some people have when they take a bite out of you." ~ Zig Ziglar

9 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you Daisy. What we do and what we eat can make such a difference.

    How was the wine? I haven't seen that one before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking if you get tired of making jewelry you could start a business being a personal chef!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good job problem solving and figuring out what foods were bothering your stomach. Thank goodness wine doesn't have any dairy in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very timely post for me. I've been meatless for almost a month, fish only. Cutting severely back on dairy, easing away from that too. Thank you for sharing these meal ideas, I hope you'll do more!

    Sunshine,
    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too suffered from IBS. Eliminating dairy really helped! But I believe that cutting out sugar and processed food from my diet, cutting way back on meat, an eating whole grains and dark leafy green vegetables really healed my problem. I can eat dairy again! In moderation, of course :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone:)

    Kara...the vino is from Target.
    It's super smooth and tasty!

    Smoothpebble....Thanks:)
    I'll have to keep that in mind.

    Drawn to the Sea...I plan to do them every Friday, so stay tuned~

    Michelle....I couldn't agree more! I have also learned that I can't have too much wheat either! I don't eat too much sugar either! Only a little Sugar in the Raw in my morning cup of Joe:) If you take the time you can figure out what you can and cannot eat! Not everyone is the same. You really have to learn what works for you~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola! this is such a beautiful post. that bread and pumpkin spread looks delicious and that salad wow, you are so creative. cooking creativity is not my strenght so I look forward to more fresh fridays. BTW you make me miss the bend and there is a lot to do there I just didn't get to do it too much since I was in school. Hope you have a great weekend and keep us updated on this vegan journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy food and beautiful pics. What more could we want this fall. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello.
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate your thoughts:):)