30.10.09

{Fresh Friday}

Good morning everyone!
Happy Friday and for me it's a real happy Friday since I am off work for Fall Break.....WOOHOO! Flickr
Who wouldn't want to enjoy a leisurely breakfast and a good cup of joe there?!?!

Since giving up dairy and eggs, breakfast has been a bit challenging for me. I used to eat egg beaters every morning. I am not a big oatmeal person and personally prefer to eat something kind of light.

Welcome to the TOFU SCRAMBLE~
My new breakfast friend:)
I love this because you can add anything you want and even put it all in a wrap if you prefer.
Here's what I made this am~
I use vegetable broth in the pan instead of oil. I would rather eat a handful of almonds for my fat instead of get it from the oil!Anywho....this morning I had
purple potatoes
portobello mushroom
onion
kale (one of the ultimate super foods)
tofu

Just chop everything up and throw it in a pan with some garlic, sea salt and pepper.It cooks super quick and wala......you have a super healthy breakfast full of many colors in the rainbow~


Trust me the photos don't do it justice! There was no sun this am to take better photos! Sorry~
Oh and I always start my morning with a hot cup of joe and just a titch of Sugar in the Raw.
That's the thing about health....you have to do what works for you and makes you happy!
There are many authorities that think coffee and sugar may not be so great for you and there are just as many that think it is great for you.........so just do what works for you!!
By now you have been through quite a journey with me....bicycling, running, eating, cooking etc. in my quest to become more fit and healthy!
One thing I have really learned is that
Fitness and Health are a Journey and NOT a Destination.
It's the everyday way you chose to live your life that matters.
Did you move?!?!?
How do you feel about the things you ate?!?!
How do you feel about the activities you participated in for the day?!?!
Once you start answering these questions you can start making little changes that make you more fit, healthy and ultimately healthy!

After the ride I did...I decided to once again switch things up and try plyometrics once or twice a week.....in addition to the other things I do....WOW...it is by far the most challenging workout I have ever done!

I am hoping it will make me stronger and more powerful for the next riding season! Oh and in case you haven't noticed I post my workouts on the right-hand side of the blog! In case you are ever interested in what an average girl does to stay fit! And I think it helps motivate me:) It makes me accountable..

Here are a couple dorky photos of me doing a p90x plyometric workout~(don't look at that wall....I really need to do something with it....but nothing has inspired me)
I usually do plymetrics at the gym where my friend teaches it! Unfortunately her children were super sick this week and so she had to cancel class.

Now I could have just said.....oh good I get a break....but nope I popped in the dvd and away I went! It felt great....WHEN I WAS DONE:) Even if you can't get to a gym there are a million things you can do at home to get fit or stay fit!

Just look how sweaty I got!Really glamorous:)

Whatever your goals are....just remember to do something everyday to help chip away at them! For me fitness is not about being able to run the fasted marathon, or being the skinniest girl in the room, or participating in weightlifting contests.....it's simply about being healthy and happy!!!! I do what makes me feel good:) What are your health and fitness goals?!?!

Hope you have a super happy weekend!!!!!

"A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world." ~ Paul Dudley White

6 comments:

  1. Ok, Heather. I just read your post and now feel like I have to get off my butt and do some lunges or something while I hand out Halloween candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have that TOFU SCRAMBLE for dinner! Great idea. For me breakfast is whole wheat toast and coffee, always. Or if I can find whole wheat bagels I'll have one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love veggies for breakfast. And I love tofu... this is custom made for me, thanks for sharing :-)

    Happiness,
    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you so much. I am happiest when I am exercising & eating right, more than not. That's my only goal really, to just keep up with it so that I always have energy and a positive mood. It's easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh - you are the Woman!! You are doing the p90x workouts. My son has been doing this in his off season training one day a week, and always that day of the week he says training kicked his butt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That plyometrics workout is so hard! I am doing P90X and that is the one workout that I dread and look forward to at the same time! Deep down I really love it because it is a fantastic and challenging workout. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello.
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate your thoughts:):)