23.10.09

{Fresh Friday}

Hi there...
Well here it is Friday again!! Sometimes I feel like my life is speeding along with no way to stop it:) I think I have a slight problem of always cramming too many things into a week!
Anywho ..... it's time for another healthy and super yummy recipe/food idea!!
First I should say.....it's still autumn here in Indiana and we FINALLY had a sunny day to go out and enjoy the beautiful autumn colors! Here's a preview~

The bad thing is....no matter how gorgeous autumn can be....I am a total summer girl at heart! I really try hard to enjoy all that autumn has to offer but so often I find myself dreaming of the summer!

So for this Fresh Friday I thought I would go back to summer for a moment and share a little something summer inspired and oh so tasty to eat:)

Eggplant Caprese Salad

Oh and I should say that I made this before I decided to become vegan! But I am sure there are plenty of you out there that still enjoy a little dairy! And now I would just swap out the mozzarella for tofu......yum:)Grilled eggplant
Garden Fresh Tomatoes
Fresh mozzarella
Fresh Basil
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil
Sea salt & pepper
Just slice, layer it all together and then add however much balsamic and olive oil you like!!!
Super simple and yet so delicious~
And how can I resist a little photo with my toes happily in the sand~How many more months till summer?!?!?! :)
Ok now back to autumn in Indiana......
Just last Sunday the morning was absolutely beautiful and so I thought it would be nice to take the girls out for a little hike in the woods! Thankfully my husband obliged! It was kind of a little chaotic walking both of them on the trails....they were in total sensory overload with all the scents!Yet was just such a happy morning...
The colors were absolutely breathtaking!
Sometimes it really is about appreciating what you have and just being in the moment! At least for that moment:)

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." ~Elwyn Brooks White

6 comments:

  1. I love caprese salads and the addition of eggplant would be great!!!!! The weather sounds wonderful by you. Still hot here, in the 80s. You should move to FL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH ms simpledaisy...I guess the grass really is greener on the other side........being from the south, where fall is a word that refers to what happens when you drink too much vino, I would give anything to be able to see leaf colors change!! Oh sure, we get a leetle beety bit of color but if you blink, you may miss it.
    My goal is to travel the east coast during the autumn months before my time is out. Or sail the coast....heheheheheheh. Can always find a "reason" to sail the boat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that salad just made me really hungry! I think that I'll go over to the fridge right now and make myself a salad!

    When you get a chance, stop by my blog. I tagged you with an award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eggplant caprese salad looks AMAZING!!! Yum! Also, love all the fall pics...it doesn't last long until all the trees are bare, so it's so fun to capture the beauty now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. salad looks yummy!

    the keep calm and rock on posters
    available @ http://www.theposterlist.com/

    thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps...were moaning and groaning for cooler weather. it was 90F here yesterday ...

    ReplyDelete

Hello.
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate your thoughts:):)