12.5.12

{Sun Prints Inspired by Nature}

Good Morning!!
How are you!?!?!?

It was a spectacular morning yesterday!
The kind of morning that just makes my soul sing:)

I poured my morning cup of joe and just took a little nature walk around the yard.
It's amazing what you can find in your own backyard.

It makes me feel proud because almost everything in it.....are things I planted with my own two hands.
and since I like to purchase the cheapest plants I can find...it takes years to see the pay-off!

Gardening can teach you a lot about patience.
I like to think that gardening is a metaphor for life..
to grow strong roots....you have to water plants well:)
In life....to grow strong roots....you have to nurture your spirit.

Follow your heart and spend your days doing things that truly make you happy....regardless of what you "think" you should be doing:)

In fact....just get rid of the word "should" from your vocabulary..:)
Live in the present and "just do" 

I am old enough now to know what my soul needs....
and I can tell you that I am a complete introvert that gets "my cup filled" by being alone.
by watching the day slowly unfold...
I am also a morning person...
I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing then just watching the birds while taking a nature walk around my yard with my morning cup of joe:)
and if it's the afternoon....well then...it's with my lovely glass of vino.

I am completely inspired by nature....
the ebb and flow of life


 The flowers in my yard inspired me to do a little project that i've been wanting to do ...forever:)
 I am sure most of you have tinkered around with Sun Prints...but I never have:(
Maybe I was out ill in elementary art class on the day they did sun prints!!
But either way...how can you not be happy with art from nature powered by the sun!

 They were so simple to do:)
and I have no doubt i'll do more!!
Lots of ideas swirling in my head....
I ordered the sun prints from Dick Blick
and just a couple of hints....because the first ones I did ...didn't turn out:)
....be sure you are using flat items/plants/whatever...
just make sure they are flat...
I pressed my plants in a book for awhile to flatten them out:)
....be sure the sun is high in the sky....
the morning sun caused shadows and so the first ones I did were crazy looking:)
....don't let them process too long....
in other words....follow all the directions that come on the package:)
I am not always good with following directions


 Anywho...I just did 4 to practice and used flora from my yard...
but really you could use any flat item:)
letters...doilies...clothes.....whatever makes your heart happy!!



 I think they are so sweet:)
and of course you can frame them when you're done!!

I am just tinkering with ideas for our spare bedroom...I think indigo and white might be the color scheme i'll be going with:)
and these happy little sun prints will be perfect in that room:)

Happy...Happy Saturday!!
Now get out there and do something that makes your soul sing today!!


"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about
the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly."       - Buddha

35 comments:

  1. love this whole blog i just found on your page you sound so much like me! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this idea!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather those are soooooo pretty! I just orderd some to do with my son and my niece when we all see eachother in June. What a fun project! As always, your creativity rocks!!!!

    It is a treat to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather! Your sun prints totally rock! They are so pretty! And you are so not alone in being an introvert and craving alone time!! It's what keeps us creative and happy :) Happy weekend!! xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I hear ya on mornings. Satturday mornings I wake at 5:30 and walk the beach, about 3 miles, with a friend. The sun slowly rises always bringing a different color of the day. I love this ritual!

    Love your prints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Heather! Great to hear from you again! I've never ever heard of sun prints. What a fabulous craft! I love that the sun does all the work! lol! I'm with you about being alone and being creative. I need my alone-time in order for my creativity to bloom! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your prints. I am such a morning person. I love watching the early morning light and listening to the birds while enjoying my garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I was out sick too on the day they taught us sun prints! And your garden grows so lovely. Mine. Well, let's just say my roots need some help ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty pictures! I love the sunshine, sweet post! have a lovely day, xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post! It's made me wish that summer would hurry up and get here already! I can't wait to get out in the garden and enjoy the sun and some fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sunny post. The pics are awesome. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Be blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post and your sun prints are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sun prints are so much fun! I used to do these with my boys...love that you framed them. (Framing GI Joe and Star Wars characters are not quite what I had in mind for our home decor...)

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. your photos are beautiful Heather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely photographs and sentiments. :) Nature can really make my heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post,I really like your article

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there,
    {Sun Prints Inspired by Nature}
    Fascinating! I recently found a considerable amount of informative stuff in your article. Keep up the fine job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for these amazing thoughts.....I will be in my garden with my tea as the sun come up..beyond that.it does not matter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so delighted to have found your lovely website! I feel like I have made a new friend. I, too, love Charleston, SC, and found your website while shopping on the "Indigo" Store website. How beautiful the photos you took of the store and the city, and all of your other photos of flowers and dogs and your jewelry. Your words have encouraged my heart and your perspective of life has renewed hope in my spirit. Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and your life! You made a difference for me, and I will be looking at my days differently now...trying to live for the now, like you so beautifully portrayed in your words and your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is amazing. I actually had never heard of sun prints. I would love to make these!!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So you’re gifted with a green thumb. I certainly love the flowers especially its color, so refreshing and lovely to look at. I wish I could have that feeling of accomplishment in you. Imagine, you were able to plant all of those in your bare hands. What a gift! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great! I love your article. Such lovely photographs and sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm personally a big fan of simpledaisy blog. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fashion jewellery, junk jewellery, fake jewellery, fallalery-all these are different terms for what is commonly known as "costume jewellery." Costume jewellery is essentially jewellery that is made specifically to match or complement a specific outfit (or "costume" as nice outfits used to be known as) as opposed to real jewellery which was made and designed unto itself without regard for what it would "match." evil eye throw pillow

    ReplyDelete
  26. A positive message for the nature and environment. thanks for it.
    Share more information for health .

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such lovely photographs. Pretty pictures! I love the sunshine, sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. cee16fb7b693a8490629b23942003e3c
    sms onay
    website kurma
    website kurma

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. 59a43868625f60e249801b84ae899bae
    altın dedektörü

    ReplyDelete

Hello.
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate your thoughts:):)