8.4.11

{Shabby Beachy Garden Markers}

Well hello and Happy Friday to you!!

It was a super rainy and depressing day here:(
I wanted to lay around and be depressed but decided instead to get inspired!

Gardening season will soon be upon us and I can't wait!! I have been working on planning out what i'll grow in my garden this year.
I love food and I especially love fresh food picked straight from my garden:)

In anticipation of the upcoming gardening season I thought I would make some super cute and super simple little garden markers!

I still have some old fencing my grandma gave me and I thought it would make perfect markers!

They turned out really cute for just using simple things I had on hand:)
Cottage...Simple....Cute!
And well....you know....I couldn't help but to paint them in my most favorite color!!!!! TURQUOISE!

It's pretty much been turquoise mania around here lately! Owell...it makes me happy and my husband doesn't put up too much of a fuss:)


I can't wait to see these in full effect when my garden {hopefully} overflowing this summer. Today I was just happy to plant lettuce! Hope it grows:)
There is simply nothing better than lettuce cut straight from your garden!


Already the chives are up and ready to be snipped! Perfect for topping just about anything:)

Anywho....just get some old wood....paint it...glue on shells and starfish....and hand paint your vegetable names on them!
Takes about 5 minutes to make!

And I think they would ake the sweetest gift along with some seeds and garden gloves and maybe even a bottle of wine thrown in....just because:)

Up next....I see turquoise tomato cages in my future:)

It never takes much to make me happy and these little garden markers really brightened my day on such a gloomy Indiana day!

Bloom where you're planted, right!!!!
 I know I will most certainly be making more of these sweet little markers!
Don't you just love simple projects!
I know I do!

Now I just can't wait until my lettuce seeds sprout!! woohoo:)

Hope you have a super fabulous weekend and I hope it includes something that makes you super happy:):)

"And what's romance? Usually, a nice little tale where you have everything as you like It, where rain never wets your jacket and gnats never bite your nose and it's always daisy-time." D.H. Lawrence

34 comments:

  1. Cute Cute Cute. I love what you made.Very creative. I hope you have a bright weekend...Chickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to get those as a gift -- and the wine, too! I'm going to dig around my junk piles tomorrow and see if I can find some scrap wood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE your markers!

    xo kelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. The markers turned out so cute...I love this idea!!
    happy weekend
    xo
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely love them. you are seriously one of my favorite bloggers because you really do have some of the best crafty projects!

    enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your fresh tomatoes and cukes!
    Another friday's favorite for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, how cute. B and I just moved into a house and we hope to get our green thumb. these markers are super cute! Hope the skies clear and you have a sunny weekend in the Bend!

    xoxo
    L

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can just imagine you humming while you painted those cute little markers, Heather! :) I'll be spending my weekend in the flower gardens for the first time this season! Yay! Can hardly wait!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very cute Heather! (as always). Hope you have a wonderful weekend :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my what a wonderful idea. They are incredible. I love that you have used weathered wood and the colors you used are perfect. It is dreary here in the Blue Ridge Mts. too. Spring has got to be just around the corner!!! ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your D. H. Lawrence quote where "it's always daisy-time".

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always blown away by your creative mind!!!! Just had markers on my mind too..., thinking of people who give flower pots on mothers day. Adding a beachy marker is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute. Your new header is gorgeous, too. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE these...great pics!! I especially love the first image and the saying!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are really cute Heather!! I hope it is as nice there as it is here today!!! I am loving this! :)Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cute. I LOVE them. What a creative thing to come up with. I bet these will look great in your yard. I may have to copy you on this :).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those look great! The turquoise and aqua I'm right with you on! The shells and starfish set them off perfect.

    Last summer one of your Fresh Friday posts had me going out to get lettuce plants. We managed one tiny salad before I ruined them all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love that longfellow quote and am so impressed by your garden markers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh! Those garden markers are ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great rainy day project- these are adorable! Love the whitewashed colors- great job- love these!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog(the regatta beach shack) because if you had not I would not have discovered your beautiful blog. Love everything about it.
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE your blog! I am so into turquoise this year, too. So springy. Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog :)

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your garden markers they are adorable and a great beachy color! Hope the rain goes away for you so you can enjoy some warm weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are so cute and so original. I may steal the idea and tailor them to my garden. Thanks for sharing your great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute idea! Beautiful pics =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well, I finally crawled out of the Etsy hole and have come up for air just in time to catch another CUTE, beachy craft project from you!

    These are adorable, I wonder if my neighbor would have a problem if a few pieces from his picket fence were to mysteriously disappear?

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love these! You should do something similar for wedding signs and sell them in your Etsy store... they would be perfect for a beach wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are adoable. I am going to use inexpensive stakes from home depot, shabby chic turquoise paint and paint the words in white with a flourish font. I l saw these at my college garden where they were so pretty and clever done by the students. great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My mom grows lettuce in our garden and I got to say it tastes way better then any store brought lettuce.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

Hello.
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate your thoughts:):)